1. Policy of Management
The Company recognizes as an important social responsibility the appropriate protection and use of personal information, and makes every effort to appropriately protect and use personal information while complying with laws and regulations including the Personal Data Protection Law in Japan and other related regulations, guidelines and the internal rules of the Company, including this Policy, when conducting business. In addition, regarding individual numbers and specific personal information (respectively defined in the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures), the basic policy for the proper handling of individual numbers and specific personal information shall be separately established and observed.
2. Proper Acquisition
The Company will acquire the personal information of the concerned individual as necessary to conduct its business by proper and lawful means. Furthermore, unless otherwise provided for under laws and regulations, the Company will not acquire personal information requiring special care (as defined in the Personal Information Protection Act; the same shall apply hereinafter) without the prior consent of the concerned individual.
3. Purpose of Use
The Company will specify the purpose of use of personal information and will handle personal information within the scope necessary to achieve that purpose, and will not use personal information beyond that scope, without the prior consent of the concerned individual or unless otherwise provided for under laws and regulations.
For the purposes of use in handling of personal information of the concerned individual, please refer to the Company’s website (https://www.mizuho-reit.co.jp).
4. Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide the personal information of the concerned individual to any third party in principle unless the concerned individual has agreed to such use or it is authorized by laws and regulations. However, the Company may provide the personal information of the concerned individual to any third party other than the Company without the consent of the concerned individual in following cases:
● The Company entrusts handling of personal information that is necessary to achieve the purpose of use to a third party.
● The Company is one of the parties in a consolidation transaction.
● The Company uses personal information jointly with designated entities that are otherwise specified.
5. Sharing Personal Information
The Company may share personal information among group companies only if necessary, subject to the conditions as specified below:
(1) Items of Personal Information to be Shared
- i) Information such as contact information of the concerned individual, including name, birth date, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address; family-related information; employer-related information; information regarding assets and liabilities; information regarding transaction needs; and publicly disclosed information
- ii) Transaction status; type of service; agreement date, transaction amount, balance, term and other information related to the content of transactions with individuals
- iii) Information needed to manage transactions with the concerned individual, such as management number, transaction number, information on the transaction process and information used in making transaction decisions
(2) Scope of Companies Sharing Personal Information
Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. and consolidated subsidiaries and equity-method affiliates listed in the financial statements of the Mizuho Financial Group. (If shared use is restricted under relevant laws and regulations, such as the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, handling is to be conducted in accordance with such laws and regulations.)
The most recent status of names, etc. of companies included in the scope of companies sharing personal information will be indicated on the website of Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (http://www.mizuho-fg.co.jp/)
(3) Purpose of Use
- i) For use in proposals, advice, research, and development in connection with various types of products and services, etc.
- ii) For use in judgments concerning providing of various types of financial instruments and services, etc.
- iii) For proper performance of group business management operations, including identification and management of various types of risks
(4) Name of Party Responsible for Managing Personal Information
Mizuho Realty One Co., Ltd.
6. Handling Sensitive Information
The Company will not acquire, utilize or provide to a third party, any personal information requiring special care and information regarding labor union membership, family origin and domicile of origin, health and medical care, and sexual practices (other than special-care required personal information and information disclosed by the concerned individual, state institutions, local public entities, or persons set forth in the Personal Information Protection Act or the Ordinance for Enforcement of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or information obtained by visual inspection or photography which can be identified by its presence (the Sensitive Information)) in the financial industry, unless doing so is stipulated in the Guidelines on Personal Information Protection in the Financial Industry.
7. Security Measures / Safeguards
The Company will store and manage accurate and up–to–date personal information of the concerned individual, and shall also endeavor to delete any data that is no longer required as soon as possible. The Company will prevent leakage of information with necessary and appropriate security measures. Moreover, it will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of employees and service providers (including subcontractors, etc.) of who handle personal information.
8. Continuous Improvement
The Company will continuously review this Policy according to the development of information technologies and changes in social demand, and improve the handling of personal information of the concerned individual.
9. Requests Concerning Retained Personal Data
The Company will endeavor to properly and promptly cope with following the requests from the concerned individual:
● Notification of the purpose of use
● Disclosure of retained personal data
● Correction, addition and deletion of retained personal data that do not reflect the facts
● Suspension of use and elimination of retained personal data
● Suspension of providing retained personal data to a third party
Please contact the Finance & Administration Division (telephone: +81-3-3242-7153) regarding requests for disclosure, etc. of personal information of the concerned individual retained by the Company.
10. Comments, Requests, Complaints, etc.
The Company strives to deal with comments, requests, complaints, etc. for the handling of personal information sincerely and promptly.
Please direct comments, requests, complains, etc. on handling of personal information by the Company to the Finance & Administration Division (Tel: +81-3-3242-7153).
Business hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Closed Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and year-end and new-year holidays)
In addition, the Company is a member of the Investment Trusts Association, Japan (https://www.toushin.or.jp/), which is an Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization. The organization’s help desk offers consultation with regard to complaints concerning handling of personal information by member companies.
Investment Trusts Association, Japan
Investor Consultation Office
Business hours: 9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. and 0:30 p.m. -5:00 p.m. (Closed Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, and year-end and new-year holidays)
11. Revision of the Policy
Contents of the Policy will be applied from the date it is posted on its website. The Policy may be revised without prior notice in case requested by laws and regulations, etc. or when the Company believes such is necessary.
Revised March 1, 2021
Mizuho REIT Management Co., Ltd.